Wednesday 24 December 2014

Priceless!



Strange title for my blog given the fact that the frame cost £2.99. That's the thing about handmade gifts, they are priceless because of the time, and loving care poured into each one.

I drew my inspiration for the colour palette from some festive gift bags which I bought at Aldi last week (along with a luxury stollen thank you very much!). As soon as I saw the bags I knew what I was going to do as soon as I got into work.

Today is Christmas Eve, and tomorrow I will give this frame to my wife amongst other things but I know which gift will be most cherished.

I used a selection of dies to get what I wanted, The poinsettias come from the Bigz L Wreath, Banner, Holly & Poinsettia die, the snowflakes from the Calendar Months Thinlits set which contains no less than 54 separate elements. The foliage is from Tim Holtz Holiday Greens Thinlits set and finally the pink flower comes from the Bigz Flower Layers & Leaves die. Just click on the highlighted text to see the different dies.

I chose the colours from my ever growing stash and die-cut all the elements before decorating with some strategic pearl gems. the berries on the holly were die-cut using the wreath die.



Next, I set about laying all the separate elements onto the frame until I found a balance that I was happy with. At this point I usually take a photo to use as reference before removing all the die-cuts and attaching them one by one with a combination of adhesive foam pads and a hot glue gun.



I hope you like the finished frame, I'm sure my wife will.

Have a wonderful Christmas, I'm off to start cutting the veggies for tomorrow!



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful frame Pete, she will love it. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ann, She did love it as expected, I hope you had a great Christmas too?

    ReplyDelete