Tuesday 16 December 2014

Flowers and details with Lilith


I know it is nearly Christmas and that winter is just around the corner but at this time of year I usually get a wee bit nostalgic and I start longing for summer again. When I started thinking about my project for this week I couldn't help myself and just had to use this cute photo of my sun sitting in the garden of our holiday home where we stayed this summer. He was observing every little detail: the grass, the flowers and most importantly the insects. I love how to see the tiniest things. I think as adults we sometimes forget to look more closely.
I used an embossing folder with flowers to create one of the layers underneath my photo which I cut out using a frame die cut. I also spent a bit of time cutting around the embossed flowers. 



 
Supplies: Paper: Shimelle's Collection (American Crafts), Maggie Holmes Open Book (Crate Paper), Other: Doily, American Crafts tiny attacher, American Crafts gold staples, white paint, Mr Huey's Mint Julep (Studio Calico),
Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Wreath & Flowers Set 659815
 
Have a wonderful week and see next Tuesday.

Lilith

No comments:

Post a Comment