Wednesday 31 December 2014

New Year (Old Dies)



WOW! Where did 2014 go to? One minute we are complaining that the Christmas chocolates are in the shop next to the the barbecue things and the next thing you know it's NEW YEARS EVE!!!

There have been some terrific die collections in the last 12 months and I am happy to report that there are lots on the way too! 

Some dies and folders are irreplaceable and will remain in my collection forever and a day. When I was trying to think of an idea for today's blog I found myself wishing that we had a champagne glass/bottle in one of our collections, (I know it's a New Years cliché but there is a good reason for that so I'm not going to fight against it!) That's when the Ovals Framelits set popped into my head.

I chose three suitable ovals and set about my task by die cutting two ivory ovals and one from gold glitter card before adding a tapered strip of ivory card. I trimmed the top off the large ivory oval along with the gold oval before punching a few holes in the gold ovals with a Crop-a-Dile leaving the resulting glitter circles for later.


I attached all the bits together to form my champagne glass using adhesive foam pads to add dimension. next I stamped the legend '2015' onto ivory card before trimming to size to form a tint tag, I also punched a hole in one end. Finally, I cut an asymmetric rectangle of pale gold card and embossed it using my trellis folder.
Here's the finished card. I added a satin bow and attached the tag with a jump ring. Simple yet effective I hope?


I hope you all have a wonderful 2015 and that you will continue to join me every Wednesday at 2pm for more adventures in Sizzix Land!!!

...That champagne looks very appealing, Don't worry, I always stop at two... maybe three but never more....

..... Honest!



No comments:

Post a Comment