Friday 28 June 2013

What to do with cut-out leftovers?


Hi, here I am again :)
What to do with cut-out leftovers? don't throw the away for sure!!! They are just perfect for layering, little elements on your cards or tags, extra texture on your bigger projects... or  as a mixed-media background base on your journal page!

I usually  have a lot of leftovers on my desk - and it is quite natural for me to find them proper place to "shine" - from time to time I simply glue them on the pages of my journal and cover them with gel or gesso - just like I did on the page below. 



Pieces of paper, different designs mixed together get the new, unified look under the cot of gesso. They create simple, beautiful background to play on. All you need to add is some dimensional elements (why not some more leftovers? fabric? masking tape? chipboard? MORE CUT-OUTS???) and some color...



In the end - the finishing touches: hand journaling, stamping, some embellishments and a journal page is ready - how simple is that?



Here is the list of the dies which were used to create this page. Please note - These were random pieces I found on mu desk after finishing other projects!
- 657996 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Card, Scallop Circle Insert
- 658506 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Vintage Doily
- 658947 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Doily & Doily Border
- 659110 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - For the Record 2, Tailored
- 659109 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 3PK - For the Record 2, Documented

All the stamps, canvas sheet and metal embellishments are new, coming releases of my products with Prima Marketing - Mechanicals (metal), Vintage Vanity and Elementals.

See you soon - I wish you all great, sunny weekend!
xoxoox
Finn 

No comments:

Post a Comment