Tuesday 23 June 2015

Steampunk Lay-out with Angel Wings

Hello! 
Welcome on the Sizzix blog today!
Today I would like to show you a steampunk/vintage lay-out. Sizzix offers a lot of vintage-inspired dies and I used some of them to make this lay-out about my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary.


Sizzix Supplies:

The inspiration for my lay-out came from the Bigz Die Wings, Angel, which I have been wanting to use for quite some time. I decided to use them on below my photo on this lay-out to give it a more angelic look. 

I also cut out several circles with the Framelits Die Set Circles and arranged them on the background of my lay-out as well to create a nice backdrop for my photo. 


As you can see on the photo below, I used the Tim Holtz Thinlits Mixed Media Dies in order to cut out two vintage patterns with dots, which I used in the upper left and right corner of my lay-out. 

I also included a few hearts in my lay-out, which I cut out with the Bigz Heartfelt Die.


Finally, I added a title on the bottom of my lay-out. The Thinlits Die Set Alphanumeric was the perfect alphabet for this, because it has a nice bold font. I inked the cut out letters with black ink to make them stand out more. 


I hope you liked my lay-out for today!
Thank you for stopping by!

In Dutch:
Hallo! 
Welkom op het Sizzix blog vandaag!
Vandaag wil ik graag een steampunk/vintage lay-out laten zien. Sizzix heeft een heleboel stansen in vintage stijl en daar heb ik er een paar van gebruikt op deze lay-out over het 50-jarig huwelijk van mijn grootouders.

Sizzix benodigdheden:

Mijn inspiratie voor deze lay-out was de Bigz Die Wings, Angel, die ik al een hele tijd heel graag een keer wilde gebruiken. Ik besloot de vleugels onder de foto op deze lay-out te gebruiken voor een wat engelachtige uitstraling. 

Ook heb ik een aantal cirkels uitgeknipt met de Framelits Die Set Circles. Deze heb ik ook op de ondergrond gebruikt ome een mooie achtergrond voor mijn foto te creëren.

Ik heb verder de Tim Holtz Thinlits Mixed Media Dies gebruikt om twee vintage patroontjes met stippen uit te stansen, die ik heb gebruikt in de linker- en rechterbovenhoek van mijn lay-out. 

Ik heb daarnaast een paar hartjes in mijn lay-out verwerkt, die ik heb uitgestanst met de Bigz Heartfelt Die.

Ten slotte heb ik nog een titel onderaan op mijn lay-out verwerkt. De Thinlits Die Set Alphanumeric bleek hier het perfecte alfabet voor te zijn, omdat het een mooi strak lettertype heeft. Ik heb de letters iets aangezet met zwarte inkt, zodat ze beter zouden opvallen.

Ik hoop dat jullie mijn lay-out voor vandaag leuk vonden!
Dankjewel voor je bezoekje!

4 comments:

  1. Romy - what a gorgeous layout! And, a wonderful photo of your grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous! LOVING the circles and the wings!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This layout looks amazing, it has a regal and respectful feel to it...

    ReplyDelete