Sunday 30 November 2014

Christmas Gingerbread Man

I have fond memories of my childhood Christmas's making these felt gingerbread men with my mum. We used to literally have dozens of them and pull them out every year and dot them around the house, it was always fun to spot them hiding in amongst the Christmas decor! This year however, will be a BIG difference as I now have a Big Shot machine with the Gingerbread Man die cut !!! Ahhhh! No more tediously drawing and cutting out the felt ...


1. For each gingerbread man decoration, cut 2 Gingerbread Man shapes. Using Sizzix Bigz L Die - Gingerbread Man / Item: 660176


2. The Bigz Die comes with facial features too, however I chose to embroider his eyes and mouth for a handmade feel. Sew on 3 buttons to his chest. 


3. With the two shapes together, use a co-ordinating thread and blanket stitch around the edge. If you wanted to turn the gingerbread man into a tree decoration - cut a small length of ribbon, and place the two ends inside the top of the head. Continue to sew over the blanket stitch to secure. 


4. Leave a gap for stuffing. Stuff arms and legs first and poke out to the edges. Stuff the main body lightly. 


5. Continue blanket stitch to close the gap. 


Enjoy! I hope you have fun making these as much as I did! I'll share a picture of my family of gingerbread men once I've decorated ;-)

1 comment: