Saturday 15 November 2014

Quilt Mary Ann Poter: the beginning



Hi everyone, I know you are thinking about new Christmas projects like me , so I will do someone in Xmas style later too. But I wanted to show you something  especial and really nice I was waiting to start in autumn- winter time. This is my beautiful Mary Ann Poter quilt that I´m designing right now using Sizzix dies. It will be a big quilt , maybe a queen size for our bed. I´m exciting about this experience and I hope to share with you during next weeks too. 
It´s growing slowly but sure and I love it!!
It has been a long time since I started to sew yo- yos and  hexagons and now it´s a cozy time at home to plan how it will be. 
First I chose a central panel from one of the beautiful fabrics by Blackbird, one of my favorite designers, added some laces  and yoyos in the corners ........





This is what I used at this moment:


658322


658317


658318


657900



Then  I added  a first border with triangles and squares in the corners, then a second border with more laces and yoyos......








..... And here it is my progress. I love that antique stye I ´m getting as I wanted.......





It´s time to choose how  planning the third  border........ I had to look for a new lace ( I try not repeating )   with the perfect size..... and bingo !! I found it in a village next mine!









Now I have to finish the round with some yoyos and start the next one.
It will be a long project, I know but I have to say I´m enjoying a lot and just I need more time to decide what Sizzix dies will be the next one !!





I wait for you next Saturday in my  personal blog Las labores de Mercedes for an exciting Xmas Blog Hop!!
See you there!!
Have a nice week!
Love
Mercedes

.............................................*************************.............................................


¡  Hola a todo el mundo ! Me imagino que ya estas pensando en nuevos proyectos para las navidades como yo. Haré alguno en ese estilo también y te lo contaré. Pero hoy quiero traerte algo especial y realmente bonito que acabo de empezar y que quería hacer para la época de otoño –invierno.
Se trata del nuevo quilt que estoy diseñando y que se llama Mary Ann Poter. Será un gran quilt, quizá para nuestra cama de matrimonio.
Estoy muy ilusionada con esta nueva experiencia y espero compartirla a lo largo de las siguientes semanas.
De momento va creciendo despacito pero con buen pie, ¡ y me encanta !
Hace ya tiempo que empecé a preparar los yo- yos y los hexágonos  y por fin ha llegado este tiempo para estar en casa y planear cómo irá avanzando.

Lo primero que hice fue elegir un panel de una de las telas de Blackbird, una de mis diseñadoras favoritas, y añadí algo de tira bordada alrededor con yo yos en las esquinas.

Estos son los troqueles que he usado hasta el momento:

658322


658317


658318


657900


Añadí un primer borde con triángulos y cuadrados en las esquinas, luego un segundo con más puntilla y yoyos.

En las fotos puedes ver mis progresos hasta el momento. Me encanta el estilo antiguo que está teniendo tal y como yo quería …….
Ahora estoy planeando el tercer borde …… Tuve que buscar un  nuevo modelo de tira bordada porque no quiero repetir, y ¡por fin lo encontré en una ciudad cercana a la mía!

El próximo sábado te espero en mi blog personal  Las labores de Mercedes para un nuevo y excitante Blog Hop de Navidad.
Te espero allí la semana que viene .
Cariños
Mercedes

1 comment: