Sunday 2 November 2014

Santa christmas card




Don't you just love this Santa image!!
I think it's the epitome of Christmas symbols. It's a new Tim Holtz Bigz die and so fun to work with.


Lets start with the background,... I used a bought cardbase thet was 15 cm square. I cut out a 14 cm square piece of subtly patterned cardstock. To add some more interest to my simple background I wanted to emboss this piece. It was actually to large for my embossing folder, but being a bit careful I placed the bit thet had not been embossed in the folder and embossed again. It turned out quite pretty.


After cutting out he pieces for the Santa I used two different shades of chalk inkers to add some depth to them.


I backed my embossed piece with some red cardstock to pull it all together and added a small snowflake as an extra accent. I inked the snowflake carefully embellished it with a half pearl and some liguid pearl medium.


I hope you like this Santa as much as I do. It's a Bigz die and to me that is always an added bonus!!
Take care!!


I used these dies:
Sizzix Bigz Die - St. Nick
Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Yuletide Boulevard Set
Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 5PK - Paper Snowflakes

1 comment: