Saturday 31 January 2015

Come back to hexagons



Hi everyone!! I come back to hexagons again using Sizzix dies. After selecting my fabrics  I had kept for something especial, I finally decided I wanted a nice grandma garden quilt. It won't´be very big , but enough to enjoy sewing nice hexies.





First of all I cut out a lot of   cardstock  hexagons  with  658317
Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1" Sides #2, so quick so easy.  Then I did the same with the fabrics  and die 658318 Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1 1/4" Sides






I try to sew  the hexagon fabric  through the corners on the wrong side , so I don´t need to cut  the thread  on the right side and I save time. Maybe you do the same.




And here it is my first big and " round" block finished and two more ready to sew a new round.




I love the idea to spend some time watching a movie on tv after a long day and have a rest sewing my hexies.
I will show some progress in my blog Las labores de Mercedes  if you want to follow me. 
Hope you have a nice week and start February full of ideas using Sizzix dies in this blog. 
See you next Saturday with a new Valentine project. 
Love
Mercedes


...........................................................*********************..............................................................

¡Hola a todo el mundo! Vuelvo de nuevo con hexágonos utilizando los troqueles de Sizzix. Después de seleccionar mis telas que tenía reservadas para algo especial, decidí que quería montar un quilt , no muy grande. Haciendo un jardín de la abuela.

Primero corté  un montón de hexágonosde cartulina  con  el troquel de 1” de lado     658317
Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1" Sides #2,             super fácil y rápido. Luego hice lo mismo con las telas y el  del 1.1/4” de lado 658318 Sizzix Bigz Die - Hexagons, 1 1/4" Sides

Intento siempre coser las esquinas  por la parte trasera del hexágono  , así no tengo que cortar el hilo  por delante y ahorro tiempo. A lo mejor tú haces lo mismo.
En las fotos puedes ver mis progresos y cómo he montado el bloque “ redondo “ a partir de los hexágonos.
Iré enseñando mis progresos en mi blog Las labores deMercedes por si quieres seguirme. Espero que tengas una estupenda semana y empieces febrero lleno de ideas que el blog de Sizzix puede ofrecerte.
Cariños
Mercedes



No comments:

Post a Comment