Sunday 18 January 2015

Memories from Wrexham by Gerry


Hello Sizzix friends!

Today's project is about me :-)
I don't know about you but I often take selfies so I can share them online.
This photo is one of my favourite selfies and a special one because it was
taken in Wrexham when I visited for the first time Sizzix Europe headquarters.
And of course for my favourite photo I had to use my favourite Sizzix products!

As a base for my A4 layout I used the cardboard back of our old family agenda - 
yes, I never throw cardboard! You can use it in various ways. 
2
siz
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine
659573 Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Spring Greenery
658711 Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Ironwork Gate
656938 Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die Tag & Bookplate 
659127 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Frame Layers & Flower #2

*    *    *
Love how the Spring Greenery branches match 
the fussy cut branches from the pattern paper.
2d

I used the small die-cut circles from the Tag & Bookplate to decorate
all over the layout - I simply die cut them in different colours and 
adhered them on my project.
2b

I cut two small ends of the Ironwork Gate and coloured them in black.
Then I glued them on top of the other ends - 
in this way I wanted to have more contrast and also
to match the rest of the "blacks" on the layout.
2c

I die cut the doily by using two different pattern papers.
One of the pattern papers I used for the doily itself and 
the circle where I stamped the quote.
From the black pattern paper I used only the circle for the layout.
I cut into two and used half underneath the other as a shadow.
2a

Other Products I used:
Webster's Pages Pattern Paper
Stamps - Donna Downey, Pink Paisley, Prima Marketing
A fussy cut bird - Prima Marketing pattern paper

*    *    *
I hope you enjoyed my project today!
Have a creative Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment