Thursday 22 January 2015

Welsh warmers


With the cold weather continuing I have decided to use up my stash of beautiful welsh wool fabrics to make a lap quilt - but before I show you that - here is my little bag, from last week, finished with a lovely pair of handles -
 I was so pleased to find these handles locally - and they were so simple to hand stitch in place as the holes were pre-punched in the leather heart.
I think I will make some more of these bags - experimenting with different size squares to change the size of the bag.
So now for the lap quilt - it's only cut at the moment - and I'm not sure how big it will be, or if I'll be able to use all of the different colours together -
 

I have cut out rectangles using Bigz die 658113 - 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" unfinished
 
and squares using Bigz Die 659838 - 4 1/2" unfinished square - http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/659838/sizzix-bigz-die-square-4-finished-4-1-2-unfinished
 
This should be a very quick quilt to make - and I'm going to use a fleece fabric for the backing - so next week I hope to have a quilt to show you.

Keep warm - and keep sewing.
Angela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment