Friday 3 May 2013

Muted colors, inspiring die-cuts... a bit moody today!


Hi again Sizzix fans!
I can't stop being amazed how easy it is to create a layout using Sizzix dies to make some main parts of the composition! If you have your background done and papers chosen - and a have a look on your dies - you will always come with plenty of ideas! I got inspired by very subtle,muted color palette of 7 Dots Studio Papers (Queen's Heart Collection) and 2 lovely Sizzlits Dies from Scrappy Cat collection: Vintage Doily and Flower - Bloom with Leaves.



I wouldn't be myself if I didn't try something a bit different. This time instead of creating a sweet, pretty flower as suggested on die packaging (Bloom with Leaves) I used the cut out element as it was... somehow it reminded me a fern leaf and was a perfect balance for the Vintage Doilies I used on the same layout.



What is more, I kept a part of the cut out leftover and used in the composition too... I love the effect - how cool is this?



After adding 2-3 pieces of paper, some splashes of paint, stamping and a bit of embellishments my "Hard Day" layout was ready!

Here is the list of the supplies I used:

- 658506 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Vintage Doily 
- 658501 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Flower, Bloom w/Leaves 3-D 
- 7 Dots Studio - Queen's Heart Collection
- 7 Gypsies - numeral stamps
- Prima - background stamp, crystals
- Tim Holtz - Tissue tape

- Ranger - Jet Black Archival Ink
- Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist

I wish you all a great, creative week! See you soon!
xoxox
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment