Tuesday 19 June 2012

Add texture to a layout!




Hello everyone!


I've been participating in an online class with Ali Edwards lately and I've been enjoying it so very much! IThis class gives you help and tricks to to document your everyday life in a way that includes descriptions and reflections.


I've been playing with new Echo Park and October Afternoon products, along with a few of my favorite Sizzix dies and Embossing folders :)


All you need is : 




As I made a double page layout, it was very important that I used two elements that looked pretty much similar, or at least, that did ring a bell from one page to the other.

Here, I used different embossed folders to create handmade paper embellishments for my layout, and I used the same Distress ink in order to color them the same way.


I cut the heart shape and color them in red with Distress ink and mounted them with 3D foam tabs.

to apply the Distress ink on the Embossed image, simply use a Cut'n'Dry foam and rub it gently on the embossed design.


When you work on a double page layout, remember that you're not working on two different pages, but on ONE BIGGER page, so that means you need to use elements that will work together, even on a different page.

Thanks for watching!
Céline

1 comment:

  1. Waouuuuuuuuuu comme j'aime cette page... une belle lettre d'amour à ton compagnon. Vous êtes magnifiques tous les deux ! Bises

    ReplyDelete