Thursday 21 June 2012

Midsummer's day - time to finish the project!



So it's midsummers day, the longest day of the year, and the weather still is somewhat disappointing. The only thing to do - is keep smiling and finish another project.
So here is the last block about the cushion - although I am tempted to make some more blocks and have a summer tablecloth.
Continuing from last week - lay the strips out and then join according to the photo below

I made the cushion back with 2 pieces of white fabric double hemmed and finished with buttons and buttonholes.


Pin the back to the front with wrong sides together, and machine stitch the binding to the cover, and slipstitch it in place on the back.


As promised here are a couple of photos of my sewing room - obviously tidied, and although I may need to re-arrange it, it is my own special space at last.





Enjoy the long evenings and keep sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment