Friday 29 June 2012

Summer Reigns!


At the risk of sounding repeatative, please excuse the implied pun in the title! Not exactly a scorcher so far is it? It's pretty hard to embrace all things 'Summer' when there's a river running through your living room, but we are British, so we must keep calm and carry on as the saying goes.

Don't dispair, let the good people at Sizzix bring a little sunshine into your lives with our upcoming 'Summer Challenge' where all the Sizzix bloggers compete in a number of different catagories, a kind of crafting Olympics if you will.

While making one of my projects, I decided on the Decorative Strip alphabet die -Inside Out by Tim Holtz (657827) to add text.

Here is a novel way of using Sizzlit alphabets to great effect. First, I cut the letters required from craft foam and attached them with spray glue to clear ceramic stamp block. Next, instead of using inks I stamped onto the chipboard with white acrylic paint before mounting onto the card. Pretty cool effect I think!

I'm off to demonstrate all thing Sizzix at the Craft Barn this weekend, it sounds like a fabulous event, I can't wait to see all the great work on display and pick up a few tips along the way, My good friend Paula will also be there which is another reason to look forward to it!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment