Monday 24 September 2012

Envelope Book


Today I would like to share an idea that I did a few years ago. It is basically a card holder made with envelopes. The problem sometimes is to find envelopes that are different sizes in a diversity of colours that match up. Well, that is not a problem when you have the eclips with you as you can make envelopes is a huge variety of sizes and proportions.


I chose Card Fronts cartridge, but many cartridges have envelopes on them. I selected the C5 envelope as I like the shape and is a good large envelope.



One of the great things about the eclips is that it tells you what the sizes need to be for the C5 envelope but you can change those very easily by changing the height. So, it is extremly easy to make each envelope say 1inch smaller than the previous one.


Also, the eclips will score all the envelopes. As I was using Bo Bunny's double Dot paper, which is a thick paper, I tested it out to make sure that the scoring didn't cut through the paper, but it left enough indentation to fold nicely so I recommend always to do a test on the same type of paper before.


Once I had all the envelopes cut I glued them together, make the covers using chipboard and then binded them using the Bind it All.

I always leave the decorating for last. I am not sure if that is the correct way to go around making a project, but it works for me. I used my butterflies dies and stamps as well as the banner set.


And i just kept to those two sets to add a bit of pattern inside.


Each envelope will hold either cards from my friends and family or memorabilia. I am not sure just yet.


The little stickers are Basic Grey as is all the patterned paper from the Konnichiwa collection.


Each butterfly I stamped I tried to make it slightly different by using two coloured inks, both Memento.


Next time I will have to try with other sized envelopes, like a DL. Ideas, ideas...

No comments:

Post a Comment