Friday 28 September 2012

Sizzix Art Journey: Inspired by Klimt!

Hi friends!
Finding good inspiration is one of the most wonderful moments in my life: ideas start running through my head, new and new compositions are coming to my mind, my hands just can't wait to start! This happened when I was challenged to find "artistic inspiration" in paintings... and I decided to look through works of Gustav Klimt, one of my favorite artists!
Inspired by Klimt - journal page




What I love the most about is art is focusing on details and texture - there is always a lot of amazing elements, focusing our attention. I tried to create a similar effect by myself using some mixed media techniques and I hope it got an interesting effect:)

I started my project with several pieces of patterned papers in shades of gold, dirty white and orange (7 Dots Studio - Domestic Goddess Collection) which were embossed with Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders - Bohemian Botanicals Set ( 657810) both including some Tim Holtz Metallic Distress Stain (Ranger) and without it - to get different embossed effects.







Then I glued all elements in the journal creating a background and I rubbed some more of Metallic Distress Stain (Tarnished Brass, Antiqued Bronze) in-between the papers to enhance the texture and 



My next step was Applying a bit of Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo) on the top of the paper - especially in the corners of it to make the embossed effect more visible and darken a bit the edges of the paper (ehm... yes, my ink pad  and tool are really, really dirty...)



Finally I used Tim Holtz Sizzix Bigz Die: Elegant Flourishes (656639) to cut out some extra elements for the composition. Looking through Klimt's paintings I found out not only he loved golden color, texture and detail but also floral swirls and flourishes... Just look at his "Tree of life"! My female character for this journal page was taken from Klimt's painting "Portrait of Fritza Reidler". 



My last step was gluing everything together, adding some extra touches with Metallic Distress Stains and Liquid Pearls (Ranger), washi tapes and golden leaves. I wanted to be as close to Klimt's paintings as possible. Here are some details:
klimt det 1
klimt det 2
klimt det 3

I hope you enjoyed this little art journey today - I had loads of fun creating this project and I love the effect I got thanks to embossing folders, stain and ink!
I wish you all a wonderful, creative weekend - see you soon!
Finn


1 comment: