Monday 10 September 2012

Everyday: Banner Mini Album


One of my favourite paper craft projects is making Mini Albums. There is something really fulfilling in creating a project from start to finish full of memories from a trip or important event.

And since my husband and I recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary by taking a few days off  and visiting krakow I thought I should make a small album to celebrate it. After all, it was the first time since we got married that we actually celebrated the anniversary in style!

And what better to use as a base for the mini albums that using the Banner Framelits from my Everyday collection.


I selected first the papers. I wanted softer look so that the photos would stand out. Also, wanted the papers to be almost card stock thickness so it seem obvious to choose My Minds Eye Miss Caroline collection.


I die cut several papers using the largest Banner framelit.


I then scored 1/2" from the left edge in all the banners that were going to go in the inside.


Then I place double sided tape on the scored flap. Most of the times I use wet glue for this, as it will be stringer bond, but for step by step photos it was easier to use tape.


I also printed photos in regular sizes and a bit smaller to be able to die cut them.


Oh, the beauty of the framelits! Not only we get to see exactly what we are die cutting, but we dont get any unwanted partial embossing which can damage the printed image.


For the spine of the Mini Album I chose to do a concertina fold. It is one of the system that I most go to.


After scoring at every half an inch, I made sure the folds worked nicely.


Then i just trimmed sections and attached the different pages to them.


Including the photos.


In order for the different sections to cascade, I needed to place the concertina sections at about 1/2" from teach other.


Once finished, it should look like this.


For the cover, I decided to print the title with the computer and then die cut it using the second largest framelit die.


Easy peasy!


And finally I added a stamped + die cut banner from the same Banners set. That is the beauty of this stamps + Framelits sets, you can mix and match as you wish.


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Great project!!! I love the framelits... I want the Big Shooooot!!!! Husband...???

    ReplyDelete