Saturday 31 August 2013

Christmas cards using the Leafy tree die and TI with Pan Pastels


Hello!

Today I am sharing a Christmas card. You know Christmas is only a few months away which means that it is time to start thinking of Christmas cards so that it is not a mad dash closer to the time.

Also, I would like to showcase how the dies, textured impression folders and stamps all work together.


I always recommend to STAMP + DIE CUT + EMBOSS. Meaning that that is the natural order although for some techniques you may want to change that a bit! Still as a rule of thumb, if you would like just two techniques would be STAMP + DIE CUT; DIE CUT + EMBOSS; STAMP + EMBOSS.

So, I started by die cutting six pieces of white card. I like Inspire me Snow White (270 gsm thick but not too much, perfect for embossing).


Then I placed the die cut and place it inside of the TI folder and emboss using my Big Shot. As with any embossed piece of card, there is two sides and two different effects.


Using Sofft tools I applied the colours I chose from the Pan Pastels.


Then I attached the panels to a folded card, trimming the ends.


Then I die cut and emboss an Embosslit Charm tag  (658618 Sizzix Embosslits Die - Charm, Emerald). This Charm coordinates perfectly with the Winter Charms set of stamps and Framelits ( 658620 Sizzix Framelits Die Set 9PK w/Stamps - Charms, Winter).

And stamped the tree in the centre of the Charm. And then I assembled all together!


I hope you liked it!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful card Paula...loving your gorgeous dies and stamps...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete