Sunday 25 August 2013

Two Cards by Gerry van Gent



Happy Sunday Sizzix friends!
I created two cards for my post today and I hope
you will enjoy them as I enjoy making them.

My first card is using two types of Sizzix doilies - Vintage and Lovely doilies
which I like very much. Basically my card is a pure layering of
all the round shapes and adding small touches :-)
657900 Sizzix Big Shot machine 
658951 Sizzix Thinlits Die Ornate Hanging Sign
658506 Sizzix Sizzlits Vintage Doily 
658605 Sizzix Thinlits Die Set Doilies, Lovely 
657177 Sizzix Sizzlits Dec. Strip Die Mini Paper Rosettes

When the small rosette was completely ready I distressed the edges with blue Chalk Edger Pad.
Then I added on top a small die-cut Lovely doily. After that I added the twine bow en
finished with a circle from the pattern paper.

I cut the vintage small doily in two and I used only half to decorate the title.
OTHER PRODUCTS I USED:
Ingvild Bolme - Chalk Edgers Ink Pads  
Pattern paper - unknown

*  *  *

I love looking through all my pattern papers with gorgeous elements,
flowers, phrases, etc. For this card the text I saw on one of those papers
(Prima Marketing, Madeline) made me think at once of the round die from
Snowflake Frame set. I tried it and it fit perfectly. Then I decorated the
circle with a Vintage doily and this is how I began creating this card.
657900 Sizzix Big Shot machine 
657906 Sizzix Framelits Die Set Frame, Snowflake
658506 Sizzix Sizzlits Vintage Doily
658252 Sizzix Sizzlits Dec. Strip Die Cobblestones
657789 Sizzix Sizzlits Dies Love Set
657522 Sizzix Sizzlits Dies Card Phrases Set

The two hearts were die-cut from the Love Set. They are part of the word "LOVE".
I sanded the edges and adhered with a foam square pad.
OTHER PRODUCTS I USED:
Prima Marketing - pattern papers

Wishing you a very creative Sunday with our awesome Sizzix products!

1 comment: