Thursday 1 August 2013

Ready, set, go






I remember having to label everything when my girls went to school ( I have 4 so there was a lot of labelling!) Now I have 2 grandchildren about to start school in September, and 1 will be starting nursery,





 and I have offered to help out with the labelling - so here we go.
Abi starts nursery in September and so needs a P.E. bag.


She chose the fabrics and decided that 2 elephants were just what she wanted on it!
I really like the Cuddly Creatures range of dies - and the Elephant is so cute.
You will need a piece of fabric 16" x 28" for the P.E. bag.
I bought 1m because I am going to make her a book bag and an apron - so that everything matches.
I also have extra of the 2 fabrics for the applique for the same reason.

I ironed fusible web onto the wrong side of the red and striped fabrics.
 I used Bigz Die 658638 and the Big Shot machine to cut 2 red bodies and 2 ears and 2 sets of legs from the striped fabric.
Once ironed in place I machine stitched the pieces in place with a close zig-zag stitch.

To make the bag I folded it in half with Right sides together and stitched, using a 1/2" seam, across the bottom, and up the side, leaving 3/4" unstitched 1" from the top, see photo below -
I then zig-zag neatened the edges up to the opening.
Neaten the top edge and fold over 1" to the inside of the bag, and press.
Stitch in place, and thread ribbon, or tape through the opening - knot the ends together
 Slide the knotted ends into the casing.
Sew buttons on the elephants for the eyes.
 
We will still sew on a name label on, but Abi will be able to easily find her P.E. bag on her peg.
So one complete only 2 more to make.
This time next week I will be at the NEC preparing the stand for the workshops when the show opens next Thursday. I hope as many of you as possible come by to say hello.
Enjoy the sunshine and keep on sewing.
Angela
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment