Thursday 15 August 2013

Festival 2013 was fun.



Hello everyone - last week seems a long time ago - we were just into the first day of the show, and now everything is packed away and we are all tired but inspired with so many ideas for new projects that we have no idea where to start.
As Katy has already said, in her blog this week, we had a lot of fun, meeting some of you for the first time, and welcoming others of you back again.
Here I am just starting the workshop and this is the end of one of the workshops with some people sewing by hand and some using the machines that were on loan from Elna, which we greatly appreciated.
This shows quite a quiet time  - at times we were completely surrounded by people watching the workshops, and for any of you who didn't manage to grab a seat I hope to see you at Alexandra Palace, Knitting and Stitching show, where I will be demonstrating the Big Shot and Bigz dies alongside Cotton Patch.
I was amazed at some of the work on display at the show - some were truly inspiring, and I have come back with so many ideas and the promise to myself that I am going to practice my quilting before next Festival.

In the meantime I have a little project that I have been working on - Butterfly bunting -


I have fused to fabrics Right sides together and then cut them out using Bigz Die 658629 and the Big Shot.
I only cut 3 of these double layers at a time and attached them to the ribbon with a few stitches and here below is Eve, my grand-daughter displaying them for me, before we hang them in her bedroom.

I think I will make some more and zig-zag stitch around the edges and maybe add some beads, but for this week - that's all I have the energy for.
I'm sure there will be more ideas for bunting in the next few weeks, and over the coming months there will be projects inspired from the Festival.
I hope you've all had as much fun as I have over the last week.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment