Wednesday 21 August 2013

Freedom!!!


Making display projects for Create and Craft shows is both fun and time consuming. There is no brief to work to so we can choose the colours and materials we see fit. Having that bit of creative freedom makes the process all the more pleasurable.

The flip side is having to create so many projects in such a short time which is why having such great dies to work with helps enormously. We have looked at Paula Pascual's Star, Flower Framelits w/Stamps set from her divine winter moments collection, and I told you about how well they were recieved on our recent Create and Craft shows. My other favourite set from the shows is Framelits w/Stamps- Snowflakes #2 (658622) which sold out pretty quickly.

As regular readers of this blog will by now know, I could make Christmas cards all year round happily and one of my favourite motifs is the humble snowflake. This set is super versatile and you can use the stamps and dies independently or together.


This card features a background made by stamping onto kraft card with a watermark ink pad and sprinkling Clear embossing powder over the image before setting with a heat tool. The snowflake itself was created in the same way before being cut out using the corresponding Framelits dies before being layered together with 3D foam pads. The Background was then attached to the face of a pink, patterned base card before being finished with a length of ribbon.


For this card I stamped the legend 'Merry Christmas' onto a rectangle of red card before tearing away the base. I then used a red ink pad to stamp my snowflakes onto ivory cardstock, finishing with a pearl accent in the centre of each. I mounted the red card onto an ivory base card before attaching the snowflakes with a 3D foam pad.


I love black and white cards and this one is so simple to make. I used my PC to print the legend 'Butterflies are winter's snowflakes' onto white card, folded it in half and added a folded strip of black card. Next, I stamped the snowflakes onto black card using a watermark ink pad before sprinkling with glitter embossing powder and setting with a heat gun. I then die cut the stamped images using the corresponding Framelits dies and mounted them together using 3D foam pads.


This card features both the flowers and snowflakes without the stamps, The frame is Frame, Scrollwork from the new Indie Craft Festival Range. I die cut the frame,flowers and snowflakes from a patterned blue/green card and set about adding colour using some of my favourite distress ink before attaching all the elements together and decorating with adhesive pearl accents in the centre of the flowers/snowflakes and adding a jewelled accent to the bottom of the frame. I measured the centre of the frame and used my PC to create the phrase before printing onto the green patterned card. Finally, I mounted the frame onto teh base card using 3D foam pads.








No comments:

Post a Comment