Thursday 22 August 2013

Cuddly Creatures play mat


As some of you who were at the Festival of Quilt will know I am making a play mat using our lovely new dies - Cuddly Creatures
Now this is meant to be completed before the birth of a grandchild ( due date 7th September) and I haven't had a moment to do any work on it since Festival!
I love these new Bigz dies - Lion 658638, Giraffe  658639, Elephant 658638 and Crocodile 658634, (you've already seen the Dinosaur a few weeks ago)  and they are just so easy to cut using the Big Shot. I think they will feature largely in my grandchildren's bedrooms.
I bonded a fusible web to the wrong side of the fabric before cutting, and I cut 2 complete animals, including legs etc., at a time so that I could mix and match with the colours.
I tried to place the animals to that large leaves could be cut out to cover them.
I am going to stitch the animals in place with matching thread, using a close zig-zag stitch, and when the animals are complete I am going to stitch the leaves over them to part conceal them.
 I thought that I might pad the leaves and make them moveable - but decided against it because the baby will try to pull them off and partly because of time, or rather lack of it.
Now I have to fit a wedding dress on a bride to be, which is part of the reason why the play mat hasn't progressed!
Hopefully by next week I'll be able to show you the completed play mat - there might even be a baby to show too!!
Have fun sewing this week.
Angela
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment