Wednesday 28 August 2013

So simple!



I love the new collection from the wonderful Brenda Walton, it is so classy and versatile. Some of the Bigz dies are inspired but I was immediately drawn to the large Sizzlits in the collection as there is so much inspiration packed into every square millimetre which means great value and versatility.

Debi and I have been using the dies for upcoming Create and Craft shows (Saturday 31st August at 10am and 4pm with yours truly  where I will be demonstrating just how great these dies are. As a sneak preview here is a simple card which I will hopefully be demonstrating live at some point on the shows.

Simple is beautiful as I never tire of saying and never more so than here. I combined plain white, ivory and cream card stock from Inspire Me Papers which is top quality and beautiful to work with. The die used was a Sizzlits die Holiday Greenery by Brenda Walton 658731.


To begin I printed the legend "Thank you" onto a white card blank (18 x 13cm) using my PC, or, if you prefer you could use a favourite rubber stamp. Next I attached a strip of cream card across the base (18 x 7cm) before die cutting all the elements I needed from ivory card.



I used the tools from my Susan's Garden tool kit to add a little dimension to the leaves and petals. For a little more information on how to use this fantastic kit, follow this link. As you can see from the third picture below, they certainly bring the shapes to life.



Next, I attached the elements along the border between the white and cream card using a combination of 3D foam pads and PVA glue. Finally, I used adhesive pearls and gems to add a little bling. A combination of sizes and shades works really well.



I'm sure you will agree that even though the colours and techniques used are very simple, the effect is stunning. My secret?.....Sizzix of course!







No comments:

Post a Comment