Thursday 29 August 2013

Dinosaurs ready to roar!



Where has this week disappeared? I am no further on with the baby mat - and the baby shows no signs of arriving yet - but the beginning of term is next week! So the P.E. bag and towel are now complete for my grandson (I'm hoping he won't need an apron for a couple of weeks)
 
I used the  Sizzix Bigz L Die - T-Rex, Dinosaur - 658637 - and I cut 2 complete dinosaurs out of 2 different fabrics ( with fusible web applied to the wrong side). I then mixed and matched the bodies and limbs and fused them to the towel and the denim for the P.E. bag (17" x 28").
I also cut out his initials from the same fabrics and fused them in place as well.
I used a zig-zag stitch for the dinosaurs and a straight stitch for the initials.
 
 
The bag was folded in half with right sides together, and stitched along the bottom and the side, leaving and opening for the ribbon or cord, and then the raw edges neatened with a zig-zag stitch.

The top edge was turned under twice and stitched in place and a ribbon threaded through the top.
At last something completed! now for Eve's butterfly PE bag and towel.
The baby won't mind it's play mat being completed late will it!!
Enjoy the week.
Angela

 



No comments:

Post a Comment