Friday 16 August 2013

Sizzix Artful Recycling - perfect journal page technique :)


Hi, I'm happy to be here back with you! I've just finished a long, long tour in USA and Canada and I'm back in Irerland, getting ready for my next event - ProzArt 2013 - Scrapbooking Art Retreat in Poland. When I'll be back I'll be sharing photos with you of course - there will be a lot of serious Sizzix fun happening there! Woo hoo! I can't wait!

But for now - i have a really fun project to share with you! Do you like using leftovers from your die-cutting as a part of your mixed-media background? I simply love this idea and honestly saying, what can be more inspiring than a basket of bits and pieces left from previous projects?


I dug in my "leftover basket" and found loads of wonderful textures, shapes and patterns - jus perfect for my new art-journal page. All I needed was a bit of gesso and glue...


And here it is - a bit of stain and paint, a bit of soft pencil, a photo, a quote and eye-catching page is ready!!!





And now, which dies were used for this project? (It will be easier to spot ones which weren't used, I guess!) Here is a brief list for you:

- 658947 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 2PK - Doily & Doily Border
- 658339 - Sizzix Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Medallions
- 659068 - Sizzix Thinlits Die - Doily
- 658611 - Sizzix Framelits Die Set 9PK - Tags #2
- 658957 - Sizzix Thinlits Die Set 4 PK - Frame Layers and Flowers

I hope you will have a great creative week! How about some creative recycling?
See you soon!

Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment