Saturday 25 January 2014

Acetate embossed card


Hello and Happy belated New Year!

Today I am sharing another technique for texture impressions folders. This one is using acetate and texture paste.

I used the Sizzix Winter Leaves folder and the acetate of the XL Bigz dies packaging - yes, I am one of those crafters that keep everything!  


I trimmed the acetate to measure 5" x  10" and folded in half. Then I embossed it placing the folder in the middle.


Using a palette knife I put the paste - I used Decoart's Modelling Paste because it is very lightweight, something to consider for this technique. Cover the whole area and using the same palette knife remove as much excess as possible.


To create the insert, I cut two pieces of paper - I used Carte Postale by Basic Grey - one to measure 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" and the darker one 4" x 4" . I glue the lighter one from the inside and then the darker one from the back. this way it hides away the adhesive.


Finally I added a sticker and button. I just love the shabby chic look! I hope you do too.


2 comments:

  1. A very cool unusual card!!!! I have oodles of plastic packaging, I can't toss it. I will be using this technique. Thank you for sharing. I wish we could purchase your sizzix dies in North America, they are beautiful.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool :)
    It may come in handy the things we should have wasted ;)

    ReplyDelete