Friday 31 January 2014

My Valentine's Style



Hi again friends! 

It's really cold outside - but here, on my desk I already started thinking about projects for St. Valentine's Day! I'm not a huge fan of hearts or butterflies - but I do love creating something unique for people I love. Mixing styles and using a lot of metal embellishments is my trademark - but this time I was trying to create "mechanical-botanical" look on my greeting card. I'm sure this mixture of elegant and industrial, a bit more "masculine" look will be perfect for those of you who want to give something special to your boyfriends, husbands, brothers or fathers.

Everything is non-traditional here - color palette (mostly greens, golds, creams and metallic colors), layering and embellishments layered on tons of paper and paper cut-outs. There are doilies and "medallions" which i love and use constantly to create the 3D look on my projects, but also more masculine elements: "Picture Wheel" from Tim Holtz and really beautiful - and neutral - leaves from his collection.
All this was glued with craft glue, hot glue and a lot of 3D foams to create even more dimension.
I hope you will like my idea!

Here are the dies I used to create this project:
- 659436 - Sizzix Bigz Die-Garden Greens












I wish you all a great, creative week! Maybe it is the best moment to create something for your loved ones?
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment