Thursday 16 January 2014

Clam shell bonanza



I went shopping at the weekend - for fabric for some new projects - I can't wait to start using them, and while I was browsing I spied the latest copy of 'Love Patchwork and Quilting' - on the front was a lovely clam shell cushion - which has inspired me to make one myself.



It's so easy using the - Bigz Die 658660 -http://www.sizzix.co.uk/catalog#q=clam%20shell, it makes the cutting so easy and because of the size, 4 1/2" unfinished, it can be sewn on the machine or by hand.
I used a selection of fabric, from the Secret Garden collection by Nel Whatmore, to cut 41 clam shells.


To sew the clam shells together mark the centre of the arc -


Pin the next clam shell to this one - see photo below -
 
Stitch a 1/4" seam by hand or machine

Continue adding clam shells -
 


You need to make 9 rows, with 5 shells in the first and following odd rows, and 4 in the second and following even rows.
Now that's all I have time for this week - I'll see you next week with the completed cushion cover.
Happy sewing.
Angela


 

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment