Wednesday 8 January 2014

New Blooms! (Part 1)


New Year, new dies new inspiration, and where better to start than with some brand new dies from Mr Tim Holtz. Today I am using the Sizzix Bigz XL Jumbo Tattered Florals  and the Sizzix Bigz Die Garden Greens which are perfect bed fellows. These dies were supposed to be launched in March but they created such a buzz we felt it wouldn't be fair to keep you waiting.

I'm going to spread this project over two blogs because I was hoping to have some special spray to complete it, hopefully it will arrive soon.

I started by Die cutting three of the flower shapes and two leaves and the garden greens from Kraft card. I then took my large ball end stylus from the Susan's Garden Tool Kit and softened and creased the flower shapes against the thick foam mat. Next, I cut the flower into 3 parts as shown (1,2 and 3 petals).


I took the single and double petals and twisted them into cones. Next I used tweezers to fold over the edges of the petals and placed one inside the other. I repeated the same process with the three petals and wrapped them around the first two cones before building outward with larger flowers (4,5 petals etc).


Keep building from the centre until you are happy with your bloom.
Next, soften the two leaves with the stylus and use the leaf tool to add a crease down the centre. Die cut the foliage, then soften and crease each leaf


Finally, Attach to and old picture frame using your glue gun, This frame was recovered from an old project which I had lying around. Next week we will sprinkle on some magic dust and if all goes well we should have something pretty cool!

I'm excited now because I have a vision of how this will look but I have no idea if it will work as well as I expect, Tune in next week, or as they say on Sherlock.......to be Continued!








2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful, inspiring project. Thank you for the excellent tutorial for the roses. I love roses, now I know I need this die. I have viewed the best jumbo tattered florals projects here on the UK Blog, yours and Pia's New Year Hats. Fantastic inspiration! I am looking forward to the next installment of your project.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jacquelene, It's such a versatile die and great for larger scale projects too, mine is earning it's money even as we speak. Wrap up warm (hear the weather is pretty chilly in your part of the world at the moment!)

    ReplyDelete