Monday 27 January 2014

safari moon 9-patches



Hello everyone! Are you ready for another week?

I had a very busy one last week, and this week looks much the same (and my email inbox is out of control - I have to spend a whole day getting on top of emails and replying to people that have been waiting on me! That is my project for the day I think)

One of the projects I'm working on involves 9-patches in one of my favourite fabric collections for a long time.

9-patches are great for using up all your odds and ends of scraps. I'm making 6" finished blocks, which need 2.5" squares.



Safari Moon by Frances Newcombe for Art Gallery Fabrics is a gorgeous mix of colours and prints, and because it's Art Gallery it has a wonderful drape and softness to it that sets it apart from other manufacturers.


Just look at that zebra!


Because I'm mixing these vibrant colours with a white solid I pre-washed them. I don't usually pre-wash fabrics unless there's a big contrast between colours. Once fabric has been washed it loses that crispness that brand new, off the bolt fabric has. I must admit, though, these fabrics washed up really nicely and still had a good 'crispness' to them after I'd ironed them.

I'm off to make a start on my emails. Wish me luck! I might not be seen for some time!


1 comment:

  1. I love you katy! Thank you so much for this beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete