Thursday 23 January 2014

Clam shell cushion complete





Hello again - I hope you've had a great week - as you can see my cushion cover is complete -
When I had joined all the clam shells together I trimmed the piece to a 15 1/2" square
I chose 2 fabrics for the back and cut 1 piece 15 1/2" x 12 1/4" and the other piece 15 1/2" x 10 3/4".
Press a double 1 1/2" fold along one long edge of each piece and stitch along the fold. On the smaller piece stitch 3 buttonholes and on the other sew 3 buttons.
Fasten the buttons and buttonholes and the back should measure 15 1/2" square to match the front. Pin the front and the back W.S. together.
Cut 2" strip x 65" - I used strip die http://www.sizzix.co.uk/product/657633/sizzix-bigz-xl-25-die-strips-2-wide to cut these, and a plain co-ordinating fabric.
Join strips if necessary and press along the length with W.S. together.
Match raw edges to the raw edges of the cushion front. Stitch in place with 1/4" seam. Fold binding to the back and slipstitch in place.
And there you have it - a lovely new cushion.
See you next week.
Keep sewing.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment