Friday 8 February 2013

Easy as 1,2,3! (Part 2)



Hello there, Back for more? as I mentioned in last weeks blog post I have created 3 tags using a new embossing folder number set from Tim Holtz and Ranger ink products.

This week we are looking at alcohol inks and how they compliment your die cutting/embossing especially with glossy and metallic cardstock.

The Sizzix products I used are:

  • Movers & Shapers Base Die - Tag & Tie by Tim Holtz (657859)
  • Sizzix 'Texture Trades' Embossing folders - Numbers Set by Tim Holtz (658573)

I started By die cutting my tag from mat silver cardstock, I have a stack of this card and when you rub the surface with the edge of a steel ruler it takes on a really pleasing metallic sheen, please don't ask where to buy it because I honestly can't remember but I know that there is similar card out there so good luck! Next I embossed the number two onto the face of the tag and applied the alcohol inks



Once the inks are dry which is pretty instant I gently rubbed the face of the number to remove the ink leaving it around the edges. I chose a number stamp from one of Tim's Stampers anonymous collections and stamped onto the tag using a black Archival ink pad before applying a nice thick layer of Glossy Accents. Finally, I ran my pin wheel strategically across the embossed number.



To complete the look, I added an eyelet through the number and threaded the hole with a length of ball chain. Back next week with tag number 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment