Thursday 7 February 2013

Hearts a flutter completed


Hello again.
As promised I have completed this in time for Valentines day - with a few days to spare -(so far so good for being more organised this year).
All that I had left to do this week was to quilt and bind.
So I decided to quilt in the ditch so that the hearts were easily seen. I quilted in black around each heart and along both sides of the red borders.
After this I added the binding, and a sleeve on the back at the top so that it can be hung.
I attached the binding to the front of the wallhanging by machine and then handstitched it in place on the back.
I added some black ribbon to a wire hanger and the hearts were ready to hang.
If you made more blocks here are some suggestions of how to use them - 5 could be used as a table centre and 2 place mats for a romantic dinner date - I would turn the hearts so make the piece wide rather than long.
4 blocks would make a  lovely cushion and 12 would make a snugly lap quilt.
If however you managed to make lots 24 would make a rather dramatic bed quilt.
Of course you could also change the colours used and make a small quilt to welcome a new baby.
I hope you've enjoyed this project and are looking forward to something else.
As promised - below are a selection of fabrics that I will be using over the coming weeks 
I am going to create a sampler quilt with these fabrics over the coming weeks - love these colours and can't wait to start using them.
Happy sewing.
Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment