Wednesday 13 February 2013

Easy as 1,2,3 (Part 3)



Here is the third and final part of my tag mini-series featuring the great new embossing number set from Tim Holtz which is just one of great new products coming out of the Sizzix stable. 

The Sizzix products used are:


  • Movers & Shapers Base Die - Tag & Tie by Tim Holtz (658859)
  • Sizzix 'Texture Trades' Embossing Folders - Numbers Set by Tim Holtz (658573)
I also use a variety of Distress Inks, namely, Faded Jeans, Weathered Wood and Dusty Concord as well as Crackle Accents all from Ranger.

Stamp the inks directly onto your craft mat and spritz with water, the mini misters are perfect for this. Die cut a tag from smooth white card and blot, face down onto the inked surface before drying off with a heat tool. Next, choose a suitable rubber stamp and a black permanent ink pad.



Stamp onto the inside of your number 3 folder. stamp onto the negative side and you will find that the number itself is untouched by the stamped image. Place the tag into the folder and pass through your Big Shot. Next, deepen the colours around the edge and use the applicator to add definition to the embossed number.

Spray the tag with a metallic Perfect Pearls mist of your choice and apply the crackle accents over the number 3 Take a length of crinkle ribbon and colour with Distress stains before scrunching and drying with a heat tool.



When the crackle accents has dried add the ribbon and there we have it, easy as 1,2,3!

Here are all 3 tags together, I really enjoyed this little series and I hope you did too
One of the great things about my job is meeting new people and making new friends and of course catching up with old friends. This morning I was informed that I will be representing Sizzix in Porto, Portugal this April at what is always the most wonderful, fun and inspirational event.

 It is organised by my good friend Patricia the' busiest lady in Scrapbooking ' who also finds time to be be mother to three beautiful boys and the newest edition to the family, the lovely Leonor whom I am most eager to meet.

I can't wait to see what all the other great teachers at the event will be up to, I swear I come back with more great ideas than anywhere else I go to. If you want to see what the folks at Tubo are all about why not check out their blog as I do on a regular basis here is a link 





No comments:

Post a Comment