Wednesday 27 February 2013

Keep it Simple!


When people ask what I do, I sometimes half-jokingly reply 'I cut stuff out and stick it to other stuff'. I hope there is a bit more to it than that but the point is, I don't think about it to much. Different collections demand different approaches, techniques and materials. When I saw the new collection of dies designed by the good folks at Echo Park I knew instinctively how I wanted to use them.

Echo Park are based in California and they make some of my favourite paper collections, I particularly like their 6" x 6" paper pads and the colour pallets they chose are so inviting. I was really happy when I saw the new range of dies that they have designed together with Sizzix. They compliment their papers so well I couldn't wait to get started. If you want to know a bit more about the company follow this link

The dies are all Thinlits which means that they cut paper and card beautifully and offer exquisite detail to match. The dies come in a really cute plastic wallet which makes them easy to store away and keep tidy which is crucially important if your craft room is anything like mine!

Going back to the title of this blog, I wanted to use just the papers and dies, no fancy techniques or supplies with the exception of a few adhesive gems and a touch of Old Paper Distress Ink because that's how the collection spoke to me, basically, I just cut stuff out and stuck it to other stuff! easy when you have the right combination of dies and papers


For the card boat card I used:
  • Thinlits - Little Boy by Echo Park Paper Co. (659112)
  • Thinlits - For the Record by Echo Park Paper Co. (659108)
  • On the Edge Die - Scallops (656627)
  • 6" x 6" Paper Pad - Splash
  • 6" x 6" Paper Pad - Hello Summer



For the card star card I used:
  • Thinlits - Everyday Eclectic by Echo Park Paper Co. (659107)
  • 6" x 6" Paper Pad - Happy Days
  • 6" x 6" Paper Pad - Dots & Stripes (Metropolitan Collection)



For the card car card I used:
  • Thinlits - Little Boy by Echo Park Paper Co. (659112)
  • Thinlits - For the Record by Echo Park Paper Co. (659108)
  • 6" x 6" Paper Pad - Splash
  • 6" x 6" Paper Pad - Hello Summer



No comments:

Post a Comment