Monday 12 October 2015

Recycling maps for cards and layouts by Paula Pascual


Last week I recorded a little segment for a UK TV program called The Crafty Beggars in which I showed some of my projects upcycling old papers including maps. Inspired by that I created two projects using old maps and the Big Shot Starter kit, one card and one quick layout. Maps are great as they have pattern, colour and they are free!



I just used the Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit  | 659765, maps, a used stamp, white and Kraft card, cork and spray ink.


Before I did anything, I glued the thin old map paper on to white card using spray adhesive. Then I die cut it using the larger Framelit heart from the Starter kit.
I then layer them together over a square piece of Kraft card. I attached it using foam pads and then added it to the card.


Finally, I added this lovely used stamp - rescued from a packaged sent from my best friend from the USA - and glued it to the card.


To make this quick and easy layout, I simply trimmed a piece of white card to measure 6 x8 inches. I spray gently the colours on the card and let then dry. Then I die cut the 1 from the map using one of the circle dies and the Heart using a cork thin sheet.

I hope you like it and inspires you to make use of those old maps and books laying around!

Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment