Wednesday 7 November 2012

B&W card with Embossing Diffusers




Happy Wednesday everyone,

This week I wanted to show you a card I made using an Embossing Diffuser. Embossing Diffusers are plates with round or oval shaped windows / insets. They are really easy to use: When you are building your embossing sandwich you simply replace the upper plate with a diffuser plate. Those areas of the embossing folder that are in direct contact with the diffuser plate will be embossed, and the inset area will remain smooth. How cool is that!

For more information on the Embossing Diffusers can be read here.


 

Here’s a list of materials I used:

The first step was to take a piece of white cardstock and emboss it using a diffuser plate with round inset. I highlighted the embossed images by inking the surface with black stamping ink.


Then I took took a round mask, punched stitching holes around the smooth center and stitched simple back stitches around the circle. The center appeared a bit too dark so I brightened it with dabbing white acrylic paint through a round stencil on it.



When the card front was finished I mat it on black cardstock and attached to the card front with two-sided tape. As decoration I used stamped and die cut butterflies (I love the butterfly kit by Paula Pascual!) and a black decorative frame. As last step I stamped a sentiment text on the painted circle (StazOn ink works fine on acrylic paint) and glued a few red dewdrops in all corners.

Done!





I wish you a nice week.

Love,


No comments:

Post a Comment