Friday 23 November 2012

Creative fun with Ornaments and Frames


Hi friends!
Sometimes you look at your die collection and you have the feeling you want to do something really different, maybe a bit crazy? You look at your dies and then...that's it, you have an idea that simply HAS TO BE DONE!
That's what happened to me last days - the stubborn idea came to my head and what could I do? Just let it happen I guess :) I created a journal page inspired by Russian folklore and fairy tales based on 2 ornamental Sizzix dies. The named it "Maria Morievna, beautiful princess"  - ok, ok I know :) My imagination went a bit too wild :)


maria moriewna

Here are the supplies I used for this project:
- 657735- Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Baroque Ornament 
- 657736 - Sizzix Sizzlits Die - Frame, Renaissance 
- gesso - Ranger
- Liquid Pearls - Ranger
- Glossy Accents - Ranger
- Dylussions - Black Marble - Ranger
- Luminarte - Silks acrylic enamel - gold, red, orange
- soft pencil
- washi tape
- Crystals - Prima Marketing
- dimensional sticker
- old pages from 2 books (one in Russian), 
- patterned paper in shades of pink, orange, red (Domestic Goddess - 7 Dots Studio)

How it was done? Very simple!

- First I cut out 2 ornaments from patterned paper and prepare the background: I glued the russian text on the top of a slightly bigger book page, added some washi tape here and there and covered everything with a delicate, semi-transparent coat of gesso. 

- When it was dry I cut out my face from the photo, a dress from patterned paper and glued on the background on the right side of the journal. Then on the opposite side I glued 1 part of Baroque Ornament, which I'd cut in halves before.


maria moriewna det 1


- I composed a crown from Renaissance Frame and necklace from the remaining part of the Baroque Ornament. I added a dimesional sticker I had in my stash which I'd cut into smaller pieces.

- Time for painting  I added some tea splashes, Dylussions splashes and painted the crown and necklace with my fingers using "Silks" from Luminarte. 

- Finally I added some Glossy Accents, Liquid Pearls and I used a very soft pencil to create shades, which give extra "depth to the page. And it was done :)

maria moriewna det 2

I hope I inspired you to look again at your dies and think about how to use them in a bit different way:)
Have fun creating!
Finn



2 comments:

  1. Great journal page! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing. Thankyou for sharing. My challenge is I love my sizzix dies, but sometimes I have no ideas what to make with them. You have inspired me in so many ways with your creativity and your beautiful unusual art.
    Thankyou
    Jacquelene L.
    Canada

    ReplyDelete