Wednesday 21 November 2012

Simple embossed gift box





Happy Wednesday everyone,

This week I wanted to share with you an easy gift box you will make very quickly. We are now entering the ‘gift giving season’ so you may even want to have some boxes in stock :)

Even though there are a lot of gift box templates available in web I decided draw my own pattern. I wanted to embellish the box with embossed images so the rectangle part in the middle has the height of an embossing folder. The curved top and bottom I draw using a dessert plate as my template. Simple and easy!


 Here’s a list of materials I used:
For the black box I used a 20.5 cm x 26 cm rectangle piece of basic black cardstock. I scored and folded the sides (at 2 cm and 14 cm), and trimmed the curved top and bottom edges using my pre-cut box template as cutting pattern. Then I used a stylus for scoring the curved lid folds – a round dessert plate was a prefect template for the curved line.







For the box front and back I cut two rectangles from white cardstock, sized slightly smaller than the box width. I die-cut an opening on one of the rectangles and embossed them with Bohemian Lace embossing folder. I inked the white embossed panels with purple stamping ink and glued down on the box front and back. I finished the box with stamping a sentiment text with white ink and decorated it with a paper flower and folded leafs.






For the grey gift box I used the same box template, but instead of embellishing it with an embossed panel I placed the box inside an embossing folder and run through my Big Shot. I wanted to highlight the embossed images a bit, so I inked them gently with light stamping ink. As final step I attached two strips of red satin ribbon on top and bottom of the embossed image. Done!





 



I hope this will inspire you to make your own gift box variations of this simple pattern.

Have a nice week!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment