Friday 2 November 2012

Grungy butterflies in the journal...


Hi again Sizzix fans! I'm back with more journaling inspirations:)
Today I wanted to focus on using new Paula Pascual Framelits dies - Banner set and Buttefly set which helped me creating a page in my friend's journal. Using them is so easy and fun... especially if you like stamping! It is so cool to have a set that allows you do both things - perfect match for me!


Here are the supplies I used during the process:
- 658289Sizzix Framelits Die Set 6PK w/Stamps - Banners
- 658290Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK w/Stamps - Butterflies #4
- White cardstock, old book sheet
- washi tape, mesh tape
- Ranger: Archival Jet Black ink, Crackle Paint - Rock Candy, Distress Stain - Brushed Pewter
- Blue/grey spray paint
- Stamps: Studio 490 (Wendy Vecchi)
- black permanent pen

I started with cutting out desired elements from white cardstock and old paper - I needed a bunch of butterflies and some banners to start my composition. 




Some of the butterflies I made we just bare, some of them - stamped and cut out - how fun to use it this way:)


Then I made a composition on the page using paper elements, mesh tape, washi and a photo. I glued all together and covered with a thick coat of Tim Holtz Crackle Paint - Rock Candy. I allowed it to dry perfectly.


Finally - when the pages were dry I stamped the background,  sprayed the texture with spray ink (for example - Ranger, Shimmerz, Tattered Angels) and rubbed some Brushed Pewter Distress Stain to reveal the crackles. 



My last step was adding some handwritten journaling with a permanent pen. Maybe it is not the most optimistic page - but hey - journals are for all occasions, right? :)

Text: Today I'm simply waiting for something to happen. I' not good at it at all. 

I hope you found some inspiration here  - and see you soon!
Best wishes
Finn

No comments:

Post a Comment