Saturday 11 October 2014

An autumn table topper: the begining




Hi everyone, this week I looked for some pretty autumn fabric in my stack and find a little amount of fat quarters I have had since years waiting for something .
So , I decided to sew a table topper for my fall decorations at home.






I wanted to add one of the last leaves die by Tim Holtz  for the season.

660039




I cut  five of them but previously I pressed fusible web on the wrong side.




I wanted to give a chance to try  some new big square and triangles dies that I got thank to Sizzix.







These are :











So, here I go with all my fabrics ready !!






I hope to finish next week.
Here  it is how the table topper  is  going. I need to do some applique and quilt by hand with cotton 8.
Have a nice week !!!






Love
Mercedes



.....................................................*****************.......................................................


Hola a todo el mundo, esta semana  busqué telas otoñales y encontré un pequeño montoncito que tenía hace tiempo, la mayoría fat quarters.
Decidí coser un tapete para la mesa y  añadirlo a la decoración otoñal en casa.

Quería probar uno de los últimos troqueles de Tim Holtz, una bonita hoja.

660039




Corté cinco de ellas ,planchando previamente entretela de doble cara  en el revés de la tela de cuadritos.
  
También quería dar una oportunidad a un par de troqueles nuevos que había recibido gracias a Sizzis, uno grande de cuadrado y otro de medios triángulos .







Ya véis en las fotos mis avances. Espero acabar la semana que viene.
Tengo que hacer el aplicado y acolchado a mano con hilo de algodón del número 8.
Espero que tengáis una semana estupenda.
Cariños
Mercedes


2 comments:

  1. It must be very exciting when you receive a box from Sizzix?!! Love the fabric prints that you chose. Can't wait to see your finished topper! Muchas Gracias :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me encanta ese colorido tan otoñal.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete