Monday 27 October 2014

A layout with lots of flowers!






October is being a busy month for me but a great one too. In June my cousin Angela (who is one of my closest friends as well as being my cousin) and I decided we wanted to participate in this year' Ofrenda de las Flores in our native Zaragoza (Spain). It is a lovely fairly modern (sixty years or so) celebration and it consist of dressing up in our local traditional attire and take flowers to a Virgin Mary statue. We already done it together once before fifteen years ago and we felt it would be nice to do it again. So we did! We had a blast that day and the previous and after days, and because of it I felt I really needed to keep the memories with a layout.


I wanted a layout with pictures of us two. As she lives in Spain and I in London we dont have that many moments of us together, so this is more about us than the sights. I printed my favorite in a larger and then the rest in more or less half the size. I cut all the photos to size ready for later.

I like to have a border all round and a white base. It is something that I do all the time, and I always cut the bit of the patterned middle to save for a future project. Frugal? Me? Of course!


I placed all the photos on the page and started to pull different dies to see how would they look. Since I was there to bring flowers, I thought it had to have loads of them so I die cut them using my Intricate Flowers 2 dies and the Happy card from the Phrase cards set.

Finally, I added embellishments for the centers and some printed stickers from the same collection as the papers which is Spice Market from Basic Grey.


And a couple of close ups:


I treasure this moments and I think it is important to capture and preserve them. That is the point of scrapbooking, isn't it?


3 comments:

  1. I love this layout - it looks great. You and your cousin look really beautiful and happy, and the layout captures that perfectly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paula love the layout always have loved both your pages and mini albums
    Tracey mcintyre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout, love all the fun flowers.

    ReplyDelete