Wednesday 8 October 2014

Socks on the mantel


 
 
 
It is only October but I still work on my Christmas cards. I guess I will have to confess that I love making Christmas cards and actually work on them at all times of the year. This week my card took a turn towards the more distressed / aged look which is something I don't often do.
 
 
 
I designed a card around one of the images from the new and fun Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Christmas Trims. The three sock are really cute and intricate and there is something very cozy about the idea of socks hanging on a mantel.
 
 
 
I diecut the image with the sock in a delicately patterned paper and then I used a small stamp to stamp all along the edge of the diecut. Afterwards I diecut parts of the image to be able to fill in the empty spots in the three socks.
 

 
To make sure the socks were clearly visible against my stamped background I mounted the diecut on a scallopped square cut with the Framelits Die Set 6PK - Squares, Scallop. As a last detail I decided to add some holly to two of the corners of the diecut. The leaved and berries were diecut using the Bigz L Die - Wreath, Banner, Holly & Poinsettia and I think it is so cool that the Bigz dies let you cut multiple leaves at the same time - it is a time saver. To give the berries a little something I added some Wink of Stella to each of them.
 
Supply list:
Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit (Powder Blue & Teal)
Sizzix Accessory - Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies
Patterned paper (Basic Grey)
Cardstock
Wink of Stella
Jute twine
 
---o---
 
Det er kun oktober, men jeg er i fuld gang med julekortene. Faktisk holder jeg så meget af jul og julekort, at jeg arbejder på mine kort året rundt. I denne uge tog mit kort en drejning mod det mere rustikke og slidte, hvilket jeg ellers ikke laver ret tit.
 
Jeg designede mit kort med et af motiver fra Thinlits Die Set 4PK - Christmas Trims som mit hovedmotiv. De tre sokker er super nuttede og detaljerede, og der er noget rigtig hyggeligt over ideen om sokker, der hænger på pejsen.
 
Jeg udstansede motivet i et svagt mønstret papir, og derefter brugte jeg et lille tekststempel til at stemple kortets hilsen hele vejen rundt langs motivets kant. Derefter udstansede jeg dele af motivet, så jeg havde til at udfylde hullerne i hver enkelt sok.
 
For at sikre mig at sokkerne stod frem i forhold til den stemplede baggrund, monterede jeg dem på en scallopped firkant, som jeg udstansede med Framelits Die Set 6PK - Squares, Scallop. Som en sidste detalje besluttede jeg at sætte lidt kristtjørn i to af motivets hjørner, og jeg brugte Bigz L Die - Wreath, Banner, Holly & Poinsettia til at lave kristtjørnen. Det er cool, at man kan udstanse flere blade på én gang med Bigz dies - det sparer en lidt tid. For at give bærrene lidt ekstra løb jeg dem over med lidt Wink of Stella.
 
Ingredienser:
Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit (Powder Blue & Teal)
Sizzix Accessory - Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies
Mønstret papir (Basic Grey)
Karton
Wink of Stella
Jute-garn
 

1 comment: