Saturday 18 October 2014

An autumn table topper finished



Well, here I go again with my finished table topper with that autumn air that I love.
I enjoyed a lot the hand and machine quilting with 8 cotton thread and a nice variegated Mettler for my Bernina.
And here it is !






If you remember, I started this table topper  that I told you here. It was a good opportunity to use my new dies by Sizzix:



After I sew  the squares in a row 6 by 6, I quilted with straight lines and on the leaves by machine, then, some cotton thread around and inside . This give them some texture that I love.








 I added some cotton lace. Love how it can gave a different style. Here you can see how I sew between the the bias and the top.








I love very much these new leaves by Tim Holtz that I have cut in fabric. As  you can imagine I pressed some fusible web on the wrong side before the cutting as it is usual before the appliqué technique.




My backing  fabric is the same that  the bias, from a collection  by Fig Tree that I had some time ago in my stack.




Autumn is living in my home, is it in yours too?
Hope you enjoy your weekend. At last we are having some sunny days again after a cloudy week.


Love
Mercedes 

............................................................****************........................................................



Bueno ,pues aquí estoy otra vez con mi tapete , ya por fín acabado, con un aire otoñal que me encanta.
Disfruté un montón acolchando a mano y a máquina con un hilo de algodón del nº 8 y un matizado de Mettler para mi máquina de coser Bernina.
Y ahí lo podéis ver, en la primera foto, listo  para colocarlo

Si te acuerdas, lo empecé  la semana pasada y te lo conté aquí. Fue una buena oportunidad de usar los nuevos troqueles de Sizzix.








Después de coser los cuadrados en filas de 6 por 6, hice el acolchado con líneas rectas y a máquina sobre las hojas, después usé el hilo de algodón alrededor y dentro de ellas. Esto ha conseguido darle una textura que me encanta.
Añadí  una puntilla en algodón alrededor. Me encanta cómo puede cambiar el estilo  con este detalle. Puedes ver en la foto cómo la cosí entre el biés y el top.
Me gustan mucho las hojas del troquel de Tim Holtz que he cortado en tela. Como puedes imaginarte, primero planché entretela por el revés antes de hace la aplicación.
He elegido la misma tela del biés para  la trasera . Es de una colcección de  Fig Tree que tenía por casa hace tiempo.
El otoño ya está viviendo  casa, ¿ está en la tuya también ?
Espero disfrutes el fin de semana. Por fín estamos teniendo unos días soleados por aquí , después de una semana de lluvias.


No comments:

Post a Comment