Wednesday 8 October 2014

Father.... Christmas!



Today I want to share an idea which I used as a demo at Sprinkle Twinkle in Kings Lynn recently. The one thing I hear more than any other is that It's not easy finding an original idea for a man's card, they seem to follow the same old worn-out clichés and Christmas time it seems is no exception.

As I said last week, I'm very fond of the new collection designed by Tim Holtz amongst which are some fab new Texture Fades embossing folders. Today I will be using the Holiday Knit Set together with the ubiquitous Framelits Tags Collection 

I started by embossing a rectangle of ivory card using one of the holiday knit folders. Next, I used a scrap piece of card as a mask before applying Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink, for the red bands I blended this with the aptly named Festive Berries Ink.


Next, I coloured the other bands using a combination of Shabby Shutters and Crushed olive ink pads. The coverage doesn't have to be perfect, in fact slight imperfection is preferred in this case!


NOW! it's time to brake out the scissors because we are going  to cut the embossed/inked rectangle into a jumper shape together with a separate collar. If you prefer you can mark this out with a pencil on the back of the rectangle of card prior to embossing. Once your jumper is cut to size its time to ink around the edges using Vintage Photo to add a little contrast.
 I used my PC to print the 'Merry Christmas DAD' sentiment onto kraft card before die-cutting my tag with one of the Framelits tags set I cut the circle for the top at the same time. To complete the look I used my tracing wheel to add the stitched effect around the perimeter and joined the dots using a fine marker before gently inking the edges.
I covered a blank A6 card with wood effect paper from the Dovecraft 'Krafty Christmas' paper set. Next, I curled the tag slightly so that it stands proud of the base card before threading it with string. Finally, I attached the jumper using adhesive foam pads.

I might just send it to myself but knowing my luck I'll get the Jumper itself!!













1 comment: