Monday 13 October 2014

Snowflake rosette and borders dies!

So, those Christmas cards... well, if you are organized it would be a would idea to start them now. Here you have an idea using one of my latest dies for Sizzix, Thinlits Die Set 9PK - Winter Borders & Rosette - 659978.


The set consist of 9 dies, three borders, a rosette die, a snowflake, a flower and three circles. To make the rosette you will need two lengths of it, so just die cut it twice.


You can make it larger or smaller, but I like my rosette to have eight points, so I trim two on both. Then I glue the ends.


I die cut two circles to secure it in place. I used cool glue gun, a big blop of glue in the centre. 


I pushed the center to the glue. Then I used the smaller circle on top and pushed down to secure it in place.


One of the borders included in the set is the one I call Candy Cane as creates the diagonal lines of the sweet. This one fits nicely on a A6 card creating the apertures.


Perfect for a red card with a white insert. The second border has dots and stars and this one mesures up 6 inches tall and it does cut all four borders.


Quickly, I assembled this Christmas card with all the elements.
Good luck with your Christmas cards!

1 comment: