Tuesday 1 September 2015

Cat Lay-out by Romy

Hello Sizzix fans!

It's my turn to share a new Sizzix project with you today. Since World Animals Day is just around the corner, I figured I would create a lay-out about our cat Paco. We often call him 'Pacemans', so that's why I used this name as the title for my lay-out. 

I embellished my lay-out with a lot of die-cut images. I  used both beautiful dies from Sizzix and the new Sizzix butterfly punch.


Sizzix products:

I used the beautiful Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Eyelet Lace & Scallops to cut out three scalloped borders, which I attached below my photo. I gently folded the scallops for a more dimensional look. After that, I cut out two large butterflies with the Bigz die that is part of the Big Shot Plus Starter Kit. The blue branch was also cut out with this die. 

I also punched several small butterflies from black paper with the Paper Punch Butterfly Large. I arranged all butterflies on my lay-out in a rather random way. 


I wanted to add a few hearts to my lay-out as well and the heart shape in the Bigz die from the Big Shot Plus Starter Kit was just perfect for that. I cut out three hearts from red paper with this die. I finally added a title in the right lower corner of my lay-out. I used the Thinlits Die Set Alphanumeric to cut the letters from black paper. I just love the bold font of this alphabet and thought it suited our 'tough' cat quite well. 


I hope you enjoyed my blogpost.
Do you ever scrap your pets? If not, I hope I could inspire you to do so more often.
Happy crafting!

In Dutch:
Hallo Sizzix fans!

Het is vandaag mijn beurt om een nieuwe Sizzix creatie met jullie te delen. Omdat dierendag niet meer zo lang op zich laat wachten, besloot ik een lay-out te maken over onze kat Paco. 'Pacemans' is ons koosnaampje voor hem, dus dat is waar de titel op mijn lay-out vandaan komt.

Ik heb mijn lay-out versierd met een heleboel uitgestanste figuren. Daarvoor heb ik zowel mooie stansen van Sizzix als de nieuwe Sizzix vlinderpons gebruikt. 

Sizzix producten:

Ik heb de mooie Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die Eyelet Lace & Scallops gebruikt om drie geschulpte randen uit te stansen, die ik onder mijn foto heb geplakt. Ik heb de randjes een beetje om te vouwen om ze iets meer dimensie te geven. Daarna heb ik met de Bigz stanse uit de Big Shot Plus Starter Kit twee grote vlinders uitgestanst. Ook de blauwe tak is hiermee uitgestanst.

Ik heb daarnaast een aantal kleine vlinders uit zwart papier geponst met de Paper Punch Butterfly Large. Ik heb alle vlinders vrij willekeurig over mijn lay-out verspreid opgeplakt.

Ik wilde ook nog een paar hartjes aan mijn lay-out toevoegen en de hartvorm in de Bigz stans uit de Big Shot Plus Starter Kit was daar perfect voor. Ik heb hiermee drie hartjes uit rood papier gestanst. Ten slotte heb ik ook nog een titel in de rechteronderhoek van mijn lay-out geplakt. Ik heb de Thinlits Die Set Alphanumeric gebruikt om de letters uit zwart papier te stansen. Ik vind het lettertype van deze stansen zo mooi stoer en het paste daarmee heel goed bij onze 'stoere' Paco.

Ik hoop dat jullie mijn blogpost leuk vonden.
Scrap jij weleens je huisdier(en)? Zo niet, dan hoop ik dat ik je heb kunnen inspireren om ze ook eens op een lay-out te verwerken. 
Veel knutselplezier! 

6 comments: