Monday 28 September 2015

How to assemble the Diorama Card


I love 3D cards so I have always like Diorama cards. Now there is a die that allows you to create 5" square dioramas very simply!



I used the Card, Diorama Gatefold -  Sizzix Thinlits Plus Die Set 15PK - 660845. If you don't own a Big Shot Plus, fear not, as this die will fit through the standard 6" Big Shot.


First die cut the front, using the base card die  and one of the spare dies to create a window. I used the smaller one.


The large die already sores perfectly to either side.


To create the middle part, I die cut using the base card die and then I used the intricate die to help me position the circle die in the perfect place.


Once die cut I had a perfect circular aperture. you can of course use different dies for this, just make sure to secure them in place with tape.


Finally, die cut the base card die using no apertures for the back (blue). As a base, its also a 5" square gatefold card.


If you would like a simple diorama, with two pieces like on the photo would suffice.


To create a middle one though, you will need to trim the edges of each side. I trimmed 1 1/4 which is half way.


Then, it all works as it should.


To glue the part, fold the core lines, aline the the edge of the middle piece to the score edge of the base and glue.


Press well to make sure it's well bonded. Turn over and do the same with other side.


Then repeat the same process with the front panel.


 Make sure that all elements are well glued and that they fold flat.
Then it is time to decorate! Just make sure that you glue things to just one layer.


I hope you have fun creating with this Diorama card!


No comments:

Post a Comment